How do I get to the public desktop?
- 1 How do I get to the public desktop?
- 2 Why is public desktop hidden?
- 3 What does public Desktop mean?
- 4 What is the default folder in users?
How do I get to the public desktop?
Go to Control Panel > File Explorer Options > click on the View tab > under Advanced settings: look for hidden files and folders > choose “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and click “OK”. The “public desktop” folder is normally a hidden folder.
The visible Public Folders are for sharing things between Users, for the users. The Public Desktop Folder, hidden, is more for configuration, adding shortcuts for everybody, at anytime.
What is the difference between public desktop and default desktop?
Default User profile is a template profile for all created users. Whenever you create a new user profile, the profile is built based on the Default User profile. The Public Folder is for sharing files with all other users that in the system, or on network.
How do I copy a desktop shortcut to the public?
How to make a desktop shortcut available for all users in Windows…
- you can paste %public%\Desktop in Explorer location bar.
- or hit Win + R and enter %public%\Desktop.
What does public desktop mean?
Everything in your PC’s public Desktop folder will appear on the desktop of every user account on the computer. If your spouse or kid logs on to their account, the items will be on their desktops. And if you have separate Administrator and Regular accounts (a good idea), they will show up on both of them.
How do I create a desktop shortcut for all users?
If you are trying to create shortcut for all user try the below steps and check.
- Click on start menu and select file explorer.
- Click on OS(C:) and click on user folder.
- Click on view on top of the right pane and check on Hidden item box.
- Now you can copy and paste the shortcut that you want on the folder.
How does public desktop work?
How do I disable public desktop?
To hide it, you may follow the steps below:
- Launch File Explorer, then go to This PC.
- Locate the Public folder.
- Right-click on the folder, then click Properties.
- Provide the permission first by selecting the Security tab, then click Advanced.
- Click Change on the Owner option, then type Everyone in the space provided.
What does public Desktop mean?
What is the default folder in users?
The default user is a special user account in an operating system containing the default profile data for new users. For example, Microsoft Windows has a default user profile. In Windows 10, this profile is located in the directory C:\Users\, with a name of Default or something similar.
How do I share a desktop shortcut?
To create the Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10, do the following.
- Right click the empty space on your Desktop.
- In the shortcut target box, type or copy-paste the following: %windir%\System32\fsmgmt.msc.
- Use the line “Shared Folders” without quotes as the name of the shortcut.
- You can specify a new icon if you wish.
How do I make Windows 10 my default desktop?
To change the desktop screen to its default setting please do the following:
- Right-click on your desktop screen click “Personalize”.
- On the left side pane, click “Themes”.
- One the right side, Under “Change Theme” section, click the “Windows” theme.
How to hide the public folder in Windows Vista?
If you want to hide Vista’s Public folder then there is a registry tweak to control its display on the desktop. Incidentally, exploring this setting will help you to understand how to configure the desktop to your liking. As the name suggests, the Public folder is for storing communal documents.
How to move the public folder in Windows Vista?
Browse down to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList You should see a key called Public. Double-click it to open it and change it to D:Public, or whatever location you want to move the public folder to. Reboot, and your public folder will now be moved.
What are the features of Windows Vista standard?
Windows Vista Standard This style is a variation of Windows Aero without the glass effects, window animations, and other advanced graphical effects such as Windows Flip 3D. Like Windows Aero, it uses the Desktop Window Manager, and has generally the same video hardware requirements as Windows Aero.
What was the primary objective of Windows Vista?
Microsoft’s primary stated objective with Windows Vista was to improve the state of security in the Windows operating system. One common criticism of Windows XP and its predecessors was their commonly exploited security vulnerabilities and overall susceptibility to malware, viruses and buffer overflows.