How do I turn on auto indent in Notepad++?
- 1 How do I turn on auto indent in Notepad++?
- 2 What is the shortcut to indent in Notepad++?
- 3 How do you indent text on a Mac?
- 4 How do I change the indentation in Notepad++?
- 5 How do I fix auto indent in Word?
- 6 How do you indent more than one line?
- 7 How do you indent many lines?
- 8 How do you reduce indent in Word for Mac?
- 9 How do I increase indentation in Notepad ++?
- 10 How do I reduce indentation in Notepad ++?
- 11 How do you add an indent in Notepad?
- 12 How to indent a line in the Notes app?
- 13 How do you indent bullets in Mac notes?
- 14 Do you need indent plugin for Python code?
How do I turn on auto indent in Notepad++?
For those who use Notepad++ v6. 8.1 and later, the auto-indent setting now is placed in menu Settings → Preferences → MISC. → Auto Indent.
What is the shortcut to indent in Notepad++?
“Tab” and “Shift+Tab” are actually mapped to Edit => Indent => Increase Line Indent / Decrease Line Indent.
How do you indent text on a Mac?
Indent the first line in a paragraph
- In the ruler, drag the first line indent marker (the orange rectangle) to set a new indent.
- In the Format sidebar, click the Layout button near the top, click the disclosure arrow next to Indents, then click the arrows next to First.
How do I change the indentation in Notepad++?
Notepad++ v5. 6.6
- Click on the Settings menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to the Language Menu/Tab Settings tab.
- Make sure [Default] is selected in the rightmost list.
- At The bottom right, click the blue underlined number beside the Tab size:
- Press 2, and press enter.
- Check Replace by space.
- Click Close.
How do I fix auto indent in Word?
Controlling Automatic Indenting
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- At the left side of the dialog box click Proofing.
- Click AutoCorrect Options button.
- Make sure the AutoFormat As You Type tab is displayed.
- Make sure the Set Left- and First-Indent with Tabs and Backspaces option is cleared.
How do you indent more than one line?
How do I indent multiple lines in Word?
- Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select one of the following indent styles: Hanging. First Line. None.
- Select OK.
How do you indent many lines?
If you want to indent multiple lines of text or all lines of a paragraph, you can use the Indent commands. The Indent commands will adjust the indent by 1/2-inch increments. Select the text you want to indent. On the Home tab, click the Increase Indent or Decrease Indent command.
How do you reduce indent in Word for Mac?
Go to Home and select Line and Paragraph Spacing > Line Spacing Options at the bottom of the menu. The Paragraph dialog box opens. On the Indents and Spacing tab, select the options you want, and click OK. The Paragraph dialog box options are described in Adjust indents and spacing.
How do I increase indentation in Notepad ++?
If you select multiple lines and hit “Tab”, Notepad++ will increase line indent. If you select multiple lines and hit “SHIFT+Tab”, Notepad++ will dicrease line indent. This buttons are generated by Notepad++ and dependent on “Folding in Code / Folding in Comment”-Keywords.
How do I reduce indentation in Notepad ++?
I need to remove one level of indentation when coding
- Notepad++ Select the lines you want to “unindent” and press shift + tab.
- Geany. Select the lines you want to “unindent” and press shift + tab or ctrl + u.
- gedit. Select the lines you want to “unindent” and press shift + tab.
How do you add an indent in Notepad?
How do you add an indent in Notepad ++? The “Tab” key is special. Press it at the left of a line and programmer’s editor Notepad++ indents the line. Shift+Tab, at the left, exdents. Highlight a group of lines and Tab (or Shift+Tab) indents (or exdents) the group.
How to indent a line in the Notes app?
A short cut is to type a ‘*’ followed by a space. This will bulletize the line and any lines after it if you use a hard return at the end of the line. select/hover/increase indent works on an iphone. Not instant. You then have to select the bullet in the list of styles. Aa brings up Style options A short cut is to type a ‘*’ followed by a space.
How do you indent bullets in Mac notes?
If you hold the – key and select the • from the popup, then press space straight afterwards, it indents the • automatically for you. Just tried in Notes with the hardware keyboard. Same thing, hold Option and press 8 for the • and then space straight afterwards will also indent the • for you.
Do you need indent plugin for Python code?
Python code requires strict indentation and if you are using a text editor such as Notepad++ instead of an IDE you may have difficult times dealing with code intent issues. Python Indent is the plugin that you may need to install, here is how you can do that,